Hot Pepper Eating Contest
SIGN UP IN PERSON
FROM 1 PM TO 3 PM - JAN. 11, 2020
1. Contestants must be at least 18 years old, have current ID, and sign waiver release form. The first 20 applicants present, meeting all requiremenrts at time of contest, will be competing in the contest. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. Each contestant will receive a bowl of fresh peppers and will have a specified amount of
time (TBD) to eat as many peppers as possible.
3. Peppers must be eaten down to within 1/8 inch of the cap to be counted.
4. Type of pepper will be announced at festival.
5. Only one pepper may be eaten at a time.
6. You will be allowed to finish any pepper remaining in your mouth when time is called.
7. Should there be a tie, contestants will be given ONE additional minute to consume as
many peppers as possible.
8. Contestants may not eat anything but the peppers during the contest.
9. Each contestant will be given a stated amount of milk to consume at any point of
the contest. Contestant may provide their own water or beer to consume at any point of
10. Contestants cannot coat the inside of their mouth with any kind of protective coating.
Anyone caught doing so will be disqualified.
11. Contestants will be disqualified should they be unable to keep peppers down.
12. The winner will be determined by the number of stems on the contestant’s plate after
time has been called.
13. Contestants may not leave the defined contest area until the winner is announced or
they will be disqualified.
14. All judging decisions are final.
15. WINNER WILL RECEIVE $250 CASH PRIZE AND AN AWESOME TROPHY!!!